What is a nicotine drug?
There are many different types of preparations and treatments that are counted as nicotine drugs. Sometimes the word “nicotine replacement”, is used because the drug contains nicotine as a replacement for the nicotine you otherwise receive from the tobacco through smoking. 🚭
What are the advantages and disadvantages?
As with all nicotine drugs there are both advantages and disadvantages. What suits you best is very individual, as different people have different preferences.
- Easy to use
- Works wherever you are at
- Fresh Flavour
- Fast acting effect that clearly helps relieve tobacco cravings
- The bottle gives you something to keep your hands busy with, which can feel good to those who are quitting cigarettes.
- Risk for different side effects (see below)
- May seem strong as the entire dose of nicotine is released at one time
The bottle with the spray nozzle gives you something to keep your hands busy with, which can feel good to those who are quitting cigarettes.
What nicotine drugs are available?
Some common nicotine drugs are
With a nicotine drug you can determine how large a dose you receive and how often you take nicotine (apart from with nicotine patches) but remember: You will receive the best and most long-lasting results if you take the recommended dose.
Nicotine drugs can be purchased over-the-counter if you are 18 years of age. For minors, a prescription is required. You can find nicotine drugs at the pharmacy and also in many grocery stores and tobacconists.