- Easy to regulate how much nicotine is released in the mouth
- Can be used anywhere – e.g. during air travel or in other non-smoking environments
- Do not contain tobacco – meaning you avoid all hazardous and carcinogenic substances and heavy metals found in tobacco.
A big advantage of nicotine pouches is that they are dry. It is not a pouch containing a lump of moist tobacco, but rather a piece of cellulose fibre sprayed with nicotine. You can control how much nicotine is released in your mouth, by moving the pouch from side to side, or by moistening it using your tongue.
The fact that the pouch is tobacco-free is another big plus. Tobacco contains harmful toxins and carcinogenic substances. Using nicotine pouches means you avoid getting the following substances into your system:
- carbon monoxide
and thousands of other harmful substances found in tobacco.
- May feel uncomfortable and stingy if you are not used to using snus.
- More difficult to eat and drink with the pouch in the mouth.
- Does not occupy your hands, which otherwise is a common habit of smokers.
As with all other nicotine drugs, it is a matter of what the individual feels most comfortable with. Some people don’t like, or have bad experience from traditional snus. If so, nicotine pouches may not be the best option.
However, if you don’t like to chew gum or to wear nicotine patches, then nicotine pouches can be the perfect aid on the journey to become tobacco free.